As I promised in the previous article, this post is about how to lose weight in the healthiest way. So, lets get into it!
In order to successfully lose weight and maintain it, you should:
- Revise your lifestyle
The first step is to reassess your lifestyle and specifically your eating habits. Keep track of what you eat in a day, but don't be super conscious about how much you eat because how much you eat does not necessarily make you fat. Find out what it is that causes your body store fat. For example, do you get enough sleep? Are you physically active throughout the day? Does your job require you to sit down all day long or does it keep you running about? How do you commute to your workplace or college?
- Change your old patterns
After evaluating your lifestyle, the next step is to make some transforming changes in your daily routines. Here are some of the most effective habits that you should develop in order to achieve your dream body:
- Always keep your body hydrated and start your day by drinking water. Here you can read my tips on how to develop the habit of drinking more water.
- Remove all the drinks that contain soda, artificial sweeteners, refined sugar, caffeine or other chemical substances from your diet.
- Drink freshly made fruit and vegetable juices rather than drinking conventional packaged juices as they contain harmful additives.
- Avoid consuming animal products including all types of animal flesh and dairy as our body cannot digest them properly and they will be stored as unhealthy fats.
- Remove or at least reduce processed foods that are kept in tins, packages, boxes, etc as they are poisonous.
- Reduce your salt intake, this helps your body lose unnecessary water weight.
- Eat simple foods as apposed to complex foods that have too many ingredients. Keep in mind that our body loves simplicity and not complexity, so it can digests simple foods that have only a few ingredients in them much faster than combined foods .
- Incorporate plenty of fresh fruits, leafy greens, and vegetables to make sure that your body is getting enough nutrients.
- Eat as much food as your body needs, neither more nor less than that. You don't want to stuff or starve yourself.
- Consume less oil and fried dishes. Asian foods and fast food meals are to be avoided in all circumstances.
- Make and eat your food with joy, love, and concentration.
- Let water be the last thing you take in before you go to sleep.
- Last but not least, if you have a sedentary way of life, do some exercises to move your muscles and joints. For example, you can dance in front of a mirror (my favorite activity), jump up and down, push and pull your body against a wall, stretch your arms and legs while sitting on a chair, go walking, etc.
Thanks for reading and I hope that you found this post helpful. Before you leave, don't forget to comment below if you have any questions about the topic or if you would like to share your thoughts and experiences.
Till next post, stay happy & healthy